Sunday, June 12, 2011

Things to be Happy About

In high school one of my English teachers had a book "14,000 Things to be Happy About" and every other day in class another girl and I would read a few to each other. Then we got thinking, we can totally make our own list! So we started making our own list of things that make us happy. Then as college-essay-topic time started rolling its ugly head around the corner and I had a few rough drafts and almost one completed essay, I completely changed my mind. Our teachers had been emphasizing how we need our essays to stand out and be remembered so my college essay was the list of things that made me happy. I don't have the list anymore because it's on my old computer which is in storage, but I think I'm going to start it again, with new things that make me happy! And it worked out, I got into all the colleges I applied for but ironically Utah was the one school that did not require an essay...just my luck!

A few of the ones I remember off the top of my head:

1. Going to the florist and opening up the refrigerators that the flowers are in
2. a fresh block of cheddar cheese
3. turning on your windshield wipers the first time after it's rained
4. runner's high
5. fresh sheets

I think I'm going to go to the storage place and get my old computer, I can't remember the rest! Work in progress I guess


On a side note, I wanted to thanks Elise, Meg and Em for being there when I had my slight mental/emotional breakdown the other day. You guys are the best! Some times a girl just needs to cry! haha 
Love you all 

1 comment:

  1. A game I wish I had on my mobile device?
    How do I get to 청주 출장안마 My phone from my laptop and tablet? — If 사천 출장샵 you want to go to an 경기도 출장샵 iPhone or Android 제천 출장샵 device 이천 출장안마 to download a slot machine (if you're in

    ReplyDelete