Friday, January 27, 2012

Comfort Zone

most people that know me know that i am not a dancer. not in any sense of the word. i just did not inherit that gene (although i'm pretty sure no one in my family can dance) so i guess i did inherit the non dancing gene. i've never taken a dance class, unless cheerleading counts when i was 6 (yeah, i got the sparkle and shine award) or gymnastics when i was 5. Strictly kept to sports. 

last night a very good friend of mine, who knows that dancing is my kryptonite suggested forced me to go 80s dancing with her. yes, 80s dancing. she even so graciously lent me a leotard from her dancing days. so we got ready, i grabbed myself one big red bull and prepared myself for what was to come. 

i knew i would have a good time. because we always do and she is quite the dancer, so usually i try to copy all her moves (it never works out, i can't keep up with her/my body just does not move like that) 

so, needless to say - she was right, we had so much fun. minus one instance where i was about ready to walk home when all of a sudden ABBA came on and everything was better. I am still experiencing my 80s night hangover but it was definitely worth it. 

so cheers to you bestie, for taking me out of my comfort zone and in return having a night we will definitely not forget 


1 comment:

  1. Cheers to you punkin!! best night ever! Lova lova love you!

    ReplyDelete